Monday, February 1, 2010

lost and found - again.

Once upon a time, after a night out that I will opt not to blog about, I lost my wallet.

A dark cloud settled over my life for a few grave hours, as I contemplated all of the ways in which I could fabricate a believable lie to tell my parents (love you mom/faj).  I pulled it out in the underground to get out my oystercard and someone snatched it right out of my hand, I swear!!

Police reports were filed, hourly phone calls were made to TFL (most unhelpful and uncaring people on this earth), and multiple bags of prawn cocktail lays were consumed. It was dreadful.

Just as I had given up hope and was about to cancel my credit card, I get a phone call from a mysterious number.

You guessed it - a little old lady (and when I say old I mean ancient) saw it on a bus, picked it up, decided not to turn it in to TFL (rightfully so), and found an emergency number within to call. FUCKING MIRACLE. Somebody up there really loves me.

To celebrate the rebirth of my wallet, I treated Shira and myself to our first ever sober kebab.

Along similar lines - Friday night Shira and I ventured back into Camden and went to a place called "The Cuban". Pretty much the mexico of london, except a bar. Famous for their mojitos (yumm).

Were standing around talking to some friends.  I reach back to grab my purse, which was hanging over my shoulder but behind me rather than in front. Instead of grabbing my bag - I accidentally grab a wrist. A wrist that belonged to a hand that was INSIDE my bag. The wrist pulled away quickly and the body it belonged to disappeared into the crowd.  Luckily, nothing was taken. 

Ridiculous.

In other news - went to my first real English football match! Yep, I said football.


Fulham vs. Aston Villa. Don't ask me which team was which color - I was completely lost! Although I think Aston Villa won. 

Dont quote me on that...

2 comments:

  1. Wow God seriously loves you. My advice: keep your credit cards in a secret pocket in your underwear haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i know the not so secret 'pocket' you're referring to.

    yums

    ReplyDelete