Saturday, January 16, 2010

Three Words: Rebel Fucking Bingo

"We are not just a club night – we are a movement. We belong to something. Something we believe in. We don’t just play Rebel Bingo. We live it. It’s part of us. It’s inside us. It runs through our veins. We’ve created our own world, and we live in it together."


I don't really know how to explain, but here goes.

On monday night, Shira and I were out with some local friends at a live music night. (We actually got to see the girl perform who wrote Party in the USA for Miley - sicknasty.) And they kept going on and on about how on Friday night we had to play "redbull bingo" with them. I smiled and nodded in my usual fashion, and it wasn't until my daily facebook stalking the following afternoon that I found a link to what is actually called The Underground Rebel Bingo Club.

We went into the night knowing three things:
1. The location was secret.
2. Dress code: "loud"
3. Bingo. Enough said.

As soon as we walked in the door, we were literally thrust into an alternate universe. Crazy/awesome electro and dubstep music, crazy people, crazy hair, crazy hats. I felt right at home. We were given bingo cards, party hats, clipboards, and markers. And on top of this, the theme was really burlesque-ey. bomb dot com.

Everyone, and I mean literally everyone, was there to go crazy and have a good time. Strangers would come up to you and write on your arm or draw on your face. There is no way to explain how ridiculously clutch it was, except maybe with some photos. (see facebook album for all 96 of them)



I would honestly be able to say it was already one of the top 20 most fun nights of my entire life, but once the bingo started it reached an entire new level.

This wasn't just bingo. It was rebel bingo. Burlesque bingo. Wildly inappropriate bingo. The Rebel Bingo Revolution. Check out how intense everyone is with their bingo boards.

Each number was called out with some outrageous / hilarious sexual comment (mom you'll probably cringe but its still pretty funny..)

For example - and these are some of the calmer ones:

Your mom. What a whore. 44
Lick my bum. 21.
Sucking dick is never a chore. 64.

Also, imagine the numbers being called out with british accents by burlesque girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1UxnpoNCiw - that'll give you a good idea of it.


Let's just say, I spent an hour scrubbing marker off of my body in the shower today.



Like I said - Rebel Fucking Bingo.


2 comments:

  1. YAY BLOGGING!
    Rebel Bingo looks fucking fantastic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just took my comment virginity and i loved it.

    ReplyDelete