Thursday, January 28, 2010

babies?

I don't have much time, but wanted to share an interesting decorative scheme I came across while walking around Spitalfields yesterday.


Kate and I were craving some good Crepery style crepes, so we headed towards old Spitalfields Market. On the way we came across this super creepy looking vintage store called "A Child of Jago".


Wasn't Jago the parrot in Aladdin?





We really only stepped in because there were some masks in the window, and we recently booked tickets to Venice for Carnival (BOMB).


The clothing inside was actually pretty cool, legit vintage stuff. What was most interesting, however, was the chosen decoration.





Yes, you are seeing things correctly. In this vintage store, as a sort of art display, were a bunch of baby dolls handing by the neck from the ceiling.


Now of course, we all know I am not the biggest fan of babies.  I am absolutely not saying that I want to hang them by the neck or hurt them in an any way, they just make me a little uncomfortable. Or a lot uncomfortable. And a little vommish.









So naturally I found this pretty amusing, and had to share.


I REPEAT - I in no way enjoy harming babies. Just prefer to stay away from them, at least until my maternal instincts decide to show up.


And we made it in the end to The CrepeAffair.





Mmmm. Banana + Nutella = DELISHHH

2 comments: