Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nightseeing Vs. Sightseeing



Last night saw wicked - which of course was WICKED.




Not only was it my third time seeing the show, but I managed to cry approximately six times throughout. What can I say, I guess I've been extremely emotional as of late! I will have to add, however, that it was way better on broadway - although rumor has it that london theatre is bomb dot com. 


I guess I'll have to see more shows before I can make my final judgement!


After the show, wandered around for a while and paid a quick visit to my future home...





Yep, thats me at the Buckingham Palace gate. Just waiting for prince harry to come let me in - he's having a key made for me asap.





P.s. I'm wearing a dress under my coat, I swear! It was just riding up a lot. Hmm..



Woke up bright and early this morning to be on a 9am walking tour of London, where I got to go to all of the same places during the day! Pretty sweet.

I'll give a run down of my top 5:


#1 : THE LONDON EYE


Started out at Westminster, where we had a beautiful view of the London eye (still have yet to take a ride on the giant ferris wheel) and the river.  




They say that if you fall in the River Thames you have two minutes to be rescued if you want to survive. TWO MINUTES. Thats some scary shit - I might be avoiding the millennium bridge for a while.


#2 : WESTMINSTER ABBEY

We then moved along and saw parliament and Westminster Abbey, which was absolutely stunning.  







Gave a quick wave to Big Ben...





(just love that picture because the sky is blue - well, sort of blue at least)


#3 : THE PRIME MINISTER


Payed Gordon Brown a quick visit on Downing Street! 




Yes yes - Prince Harry and Gordon Brown all in the span of two days. I'm pretty much a baller.


#4 : CHANGING OF THE GUARDS

Definitely best part of the day. Apparently to be a bomb solider in the UK, you have to belong to one of the five top regimens. In order to belong to one of these regimens, not only do you have to be fit as a fig, but you have to be ridiculously smart AND musically talented. Who would've thought?

The changing of the guards is a ceremony that takes place at Buckingham Palace.  Basically, the two regimens of soldiers play MusicMan-esque marching band instruments as they march down the street and trade places. Not really sure why there is music involved, but it was sweet. 




Besides, who wouldn't want a fit smart soldier-drummer? baller.








Seeing the palace during the day was so completely different than at night time, but equally as beautiful.


Oh, and I forgot my #5.

#5 : FREE CHINESE LUNCH


Payed for by WashU of course. So thats where all of my tuition money is going...



Other than intense sightseeing, I've been mad sick and therefore taking it easy. Hopefully I'll be able to breathe again by the end of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're living it up (as always). I would be jealous, but I'll be in Paris and Milan in March! You should make the trip over to Paris and hang out. Keep the posts a coming. They're fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete