Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Malta?



When the wonderful Teph Nguyen told me she was going to me in Malta during my last available "travel weekend" abroad, I was confused.


I associate the word "Maltese" with a dog, not with the language of a small island on the Mediterranean, right off the coast of Italy.


But - in the name of friendship and sunbathing on the beach, we decided to go to Malta as our last Eurotrip vacation.




Sweet bathingsuit, Kate.... :)


We picked our hostel because of two key features in its description:


1.  "footsteps away from the sandy beach"
2. "free wireless coverage in all of the rooms"


The fact that it was located in the heart of "Paceville" (prounounced "pacha-ville"), the center of the nightlife district, didn't register much because we weren't planning on going out anyways. 


This is where we stayed:




No, not inside Stiletto's although I'm pretty sure they have beds in there.... But see the door on the right? 


Literally in the center of the nightlife district. Meaning sandwiched by a 3 block radius of strip clubs and ridiculous dance clubs targeting 16 year olds and thrusting 1 euro tequila shot coupons at you like nobody's business.




Hilarious night out. How many of you can say you've been to / heard of Malta? Pick me pick me!!


Another post later... exciting stuffffff...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
    box athens 2019

    ReplyDelete