Monday, May 31, 2010

The End.


The end of my time in London was a whirlwind of trying to fit everything in that I hadn't done.




I saw A Midsummer Nights Dream at The Globe Theatre - "Let him RAWR again!!". So good I was peeing in my pants with laughter. Who knew Shakespeare was such a funny guy? Went to the British Museum for my first and only time. Saw HAIR with the broadway cast. Amazing.Spent 5 days with my favorite person in the world (Lana, OBVI) relaxing, shopping, packing, and soaking up as much London as possible.






Some things I will miss about the UK:


1. Chips.  Fries/"chips" are a much bigger deal in Europe. They are everywhere. All the time. Waiting anxiously for me at the kebab shop at 4am, desperate to absorb the alcohol foaming and frothing in my belly. 


2. Blunt and Blatant Awareness. About everything. From drugs to rape to drunk driving to relationships abuse, the UK stands up to the issues it faces. During every TV show you see at least one advert against cocaine, one ad shedding light on abusive relationships, or one on smoking will show up. I love that they put their issues out in the open.


3. Brick Lane. Vintage shopping. Everywhere.


4. The Accents! I have only been in the US for a week, but my ears still perk up at every American accent I hear. Aka all the fucking time.


5. Last but not least - The amazing friends I got to spend my time in Europe with.












Many more adventures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment