Friday, April 16, 2010

Airport Floor = Best Bed Ever

I feel as though I have been traveling FOREVER. But of course, it has been nothing short of amazing.

First stop after france was Madrid. Madrid included carbonara pasta and Winnie the Pooh.  Very spanish.



Oh and aside from Pooh bear I got to visit Liv in her new habitat. Which basically consists of gay men, cute chopping, and mucho mexican food.


And did I mention hours and hours of laying in beautiful Retiro park? They have this really cool thing in Spain that us Londoners haven't really heard of - it starts with an "s" and ends in "un". 






Makes your skin darker too. Dear Sun, how I've missed you.


And of course at night we partied a little too hard - 




Thats okay though because we managed to also go to a pretty sweet dinner / FLAMENCO deal. The spanish guitar was ridiculously beautiful - Vicky Cristina Barcelona style. 






The dancers were weirdly old but shocked me by how fast their bodies could move. I have never seen a 45 year old woman sweat so much.




We tried to get up there and imitate them, but our clapping skills weren't up to par.


The other highlight of Madrid was my first ever Ryan Air experience.




Look closely at the picture. Correct - 6:30 am flight out of Madrid. Naturally we thought it would be a brilliant idea not to get a hostel for the night preceeding our flight.


Where did that get us? Four hours attempting to sleep on the ever so comfortable airport floor. Where we were surrounded by other super sketchy travelers and crackheads such as:




Nicknamed "Mowak Man", this character was so fucking cracked out it was unreal. I tried to take super stealthy stalker pics of him without pissing him off because he probably would have knifed me.


Lets just say I slept during our entire 15 euro bus tour of Brussels the next morning, but it was definitely worth the expense.



No comments:

Post a Comment